ABBYY FineReader Pro
Intelligent OCR Professionals’ choice in document and PDF conversion
The new intelligent OCR generation (optical character recognition) from ABBYY delivers precisely reconstructed electronic documents, the highest level of accuracy and fast results. The new unique ‘Adaptive Document Recognition Technology‘ (ADRT), intelligent interface and wide range of new time-saving features deliver electronically editable and searchable files from PDFs, scanned documents and digital camera images more efficiently than ever before.
- Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT) — intelligent technology that moves beyond standard “page-oriented recognition”, understanding the structure of a document and pro-cessing it as one complete object. The result? Enhanced overall accuracy and exact document reconstruction, the output document retains the original logical structure with headers, footers, fonts and font styles and page numbers — saving unnecessary time spent on reformatting.
- Average increase of OCR process efficiency by 40% — thanks to ADRT OCR, the new task-oriented interface, automatic background processing and native multi-core processor support.
- Superior recognition accuracy and layout retention — the intelligent technology converts paper and PDF documents into editable files with extremely high accuracy, retaining text and special formatting, columns, images and tables— all with minimal effort, without retyping, or reformatting.
- Recognition of images from both digital cameras and scanners — special Adaptive Recognition of Digital Camera Images prepares camera images for OCR processing.
- Enhanced Task Automation — the Automation Manager ensures one-click processing of key OCR tasks and automates frequently used tasks. ’One-click’ OCR can be launched directly from ‘Start’ or image file menus.
- Single Step Digital Camera OCR makes processing camera images even easier and faster.
- Enhanced PDF input/output with security support – possibility to extract and edit information from PDFs and save them as a Word file or new PDF. Intelligent PDF processing ensures accuracy and retention of encoded fonts. Paper documents can be archived electronically as "searchable PDFs". Supports tagged and linearised PDF output as well as the new PDF/A standard.
- Intelligent, task-oriented interface - with tips for the best results in the minimal amount of steps. Integration with Microsoft® Word, Excel and Outlook provides quick access to OCR.
- Selection of multiple file saving formats including the latest new formats – new archiving standard PDF/A and new MS Office 2007 formats using compression and XML: XLSX, DOCX.
- Certified for Windows VistaTM , support for Windows XP 64 bit Edition and MS Office 2007
- ABBYY Screenshot Reader — Free Application upon registration for instant screen recognition.
||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 32-bit |
- 1GHz processor or higher
- 250 MB HDD for program installation, 512 MB for operation
- 512 MB RAM for each processor
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000
|Software ratings and reviews are shown below. If you wish to rate this software please click the 'Rate this software' link.
||Rate this software