LANdecoder32 w/Ethernet PCI
Since its inception in 1989, Triticom's strategy has been to provide the most functionality for the lowest cost in the software-based network analysis tool market. We are constantly improving our products through periodic upgrades that add more functions and greater utility. Triticom is proud to announce the Version 3.5 upgrade to our award winning LANdecoder32 network analysis product. The following new features have been added:
- Enhanced Wireless Network Support: A new (abstract) Wireless frame header is defined, which allows for better decoding and simpler capture and filtering based on Wireless frame characteristics. A new Wireless Channel Statistics window, combined with a new Wireless Channel Scanning capability allows for simpler discovery and monitoring of the wireless networks in your environment. You can also now change the Wireless channel being monitored without closing and re-opening the adapter. The ability to decrypt Wireless frames which employ WEP encryption has also been added.
- AccuCapture driver support has been added for LinkSys LNE100TX (v5.1) PCI Ethernet adapter; LinkSys PCMPC200 (v2) and PCM200 (v2) CardBus Ethernet adapters.
- Stability improvements related to long-term monitoring operation (days/weeks) and continuous DNS name lookup are also included.
- New "Expert" modes for IP: Time-to-Live Expiring, Source Address is Broadcast, Zero Broadcast Address. New "Expert" modes for TCP: Ack Number Decreasing, Window Size Exceeded, Ack Too Long, Idle Too Long, Slow Server.
- New protocol decodes for Cisco protocols HSRP, RSRB, CGMP, MSDP, CDP, VTP, EIGRP, ISL, GDP, RUDP, LDP, PIM/SM, and PIM-DM.
- New protocol decodes for IETF protocols L2F, BGP4, CBT, MPLS, IGMP, DVMRP, and RSVP.
- New support for user-configurable memory usage in local NDIS and AccuCapture drivers. User's can now determine how many items should be allocated for the Host, Conversation, High-Level Host and High-Level Conversation functions of the local drivers.
- Greatly improved efficiency for maintaining and displaying host/conversation data where thousands of hosts/conversations are displayed. Many of the substantive changes added in LANdecoder32 v3.3 make long-term, historical monitoring of large or busy networks easier and more efficient.
- LANdecoder32's driver architecture has been completely redesigned to simplify installation and usage, and to support the wide range of Windows operating system environments. Full support for Windows 2000 and Windows Millenium Edition (ME), including Plug-and-Play AccuCapture drivers has been added. NDIS drivers load and unload dynamically, so that no separate NDIS installation step is required, and there is no need to re-boot after LANdecoder32 installation. Installing and using LANdecoder32 is now easier than ever before.
- Decode Server/Client - a completely new addition to LANdecoder32 which supports web-based trace viewing. A Java-based client communicates with a server process running on the machine where LANdecoder32 is installed .
- Completely revised SNMP decode, which recognizes and decodes by name the Object Identifiers (OIDs) of over 1000 SNMP-manageable objects.
- Top 10 Graphs have been extended and improved, with full support for Top 10 "Conversation" graphs at both the MAC layer and Higher-Level protocol layers.
- New AccuCapture driver support for Xircom's RealPort2 CardBus Ethernet 10/100 (R2BE-100) adapters.
Microsoft Windows 9X, ME, 2000, or XP
Minimum of 64 MB of RAM
166 Mhz Pentium
One supported Ethernet or Wireless adapter, or a compatible NIC that supports a promiscuous NDIS driver, including CardBus and WIN9X PPP adapters
Remote monitoring with RMON probes requires a Windows socket (Winsock) v1.1 installed on the LANdecoder32 PC along with TCP/IP connectivity to the RMON probe(s)
|Software ratings and reviews are shown below. If you wish to rate this software please click the 'Rate this software' link.
||Rate this software
Other Products By Triticom