Flexibility to Build All Types of Database Solutions
- Create .NET compatible solutions with hierarchical XML and XML Web services.
- Exchange data with SQL Server through enhanced SQL language capabilities and newly supported data types.
- Enhance your user interfaces with dockable user forms, auto-anchoring of controls, and improved image support.
- Personalize the Properties Window with your favorite properties, custom editors, fonts, and color settings.
- Build and deploy stand-alone and remote applications for Windows based Tablet PCs.
- Create and access COM components and XML Web Services compatible with Microsoft .NET technology.
- Visual FoxPro 9.0 allows you to build end-to-end solutions, from data entry forms to complex report outputs.
Reporting System Features
- Extensible new output architecture provides precision control of report data output and formatting.
- Multiple detail band support for data with multiple one-to-many relationships.
- Output reports supported include in XML, HTML, image formats, and customizable multi-page print preview window.
- Customizable print preview window with improved display quality and multiple page support.
- New ReportListener class provides access to report generation and rendering events at runtime.
- Flexible report chaining allows for more complex print jobs.
- Powerful design-time hooks with customizable builders.
- Backward compatible with existing Visual FoxPro reports.
Data-Handling and Interoperability
- New Data Types - Varchar, Varbinary, and Blob types allow for improved interoperability with SQL Server.
- Extended SQL Enhancements – more capabilities with SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements.
- CAST() – new function allows you to convert between different data types.
- New Binary Index – support for new index type to improve performance using Deleted tag.
- XMLAdapter – improved nested hierarchical XML and XSD schema support.
Smart Client User Interface Features
- Dockable Forms – allow for professional functioning Windows applications.
- Anchoring – lets you control movement of controls on a form as the form is resized.
- Buttons – improved control over position of image on a button with text alignment.
- Checkboxes – new word wrap support for checkbox captions.
- Labels – support for rotating text for label captions.
- Shapes and Lines – ability to create polygons and Bezier curves.
- Lists and Combos – use collections as databinding row source.
- Images – bind to non file-based pictures.
Extensible Developer Productivity
- Property Sheet – support for new font and color display options, extended characters and long expressions.
- Member Data Extensibility – ability to specify custom property editors and favorites.
- Background Compile – see valid and invalid syntax as you type command lines.
- Task Pane – new and improved task panes such as the Data Explorer pane.
- Extended System Capabilities – no limits for arrays, procedure size, and nesting levels.
- String Functions – powerful new enhancements for working with strings.
- ICASE() – new inline function similar to DO CASE statement.
- International – greater support for use of FontCharSets in applications.