UltimateEditor helps you add a Microsoft Word®-like rich text editor to your ASP.NET application in a matter of minutes. Includes:
- Rich Text Editor — Microsoft Word®-like WYSIWYG editor for editing HTML content on your website or CMS application in ASP.NET. Drag-and-drop onto your web form in Visual Studio, and run.
- Built-in Spell Checker — Spell check as you type in the editor, or click a spell check button to display a dialog box. Powered by Karamasoft UltimateSpell provided for FREE.
- Life-Saver Samples — Use the provided C# and VB samples as your templates. Copy the most appropriate sample into your web application, and go live as quickly as possible.
- All .NET Editions in One — Native builds in .NET 1.1 (Visual Studio 2003), .NET 2.0 (Visual Studio 2005), .NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008) and .NET 4.0 (Visual Studio 2010) provided in one package.
- Built-in Spell Checker — Spell check as you type your content in the editor. This functionality is provided by UltimateSpell, our spell check component, for free. You can either use inline spelling while you edit, or click the spell check button and fix your spelling mistakes in a dialog box. If you want to use the spell checker outside the editor, you need to obtain a separate license for it.
- Auto Correct — Automatically correct your spelling errors as you type. This feature fixes your spelling mistakes if it finds only one suggestion. Otherwise, it will underline the misspelled word, and will let you select the most appropriate suggestion from a context menu.
- Show Synonyms — Show the synonyms of a word by right-clicking on it and selecting the Synonyms option in the popup context menu. Supports .NET 2.0+.
- Upload to Server — Upload files to your web server, database server or Amazon S3. You can keep your files, images and editor content in files physically on the server or Amazon S3, or save them into your database in binary format.
- Server Explorer for Files — Navigate through your server in order to load a template, select a file, or upload a document. You can easily browse your files and directories on the server under the designated secure area.
- Server Explorer for Database — Browse files and images stored in your database, see file preview, upload new files to your database, and delete existing files from your database. Supported in .NET 2.0 and higher.
- Server Explorer for Amazon S3 — Browse files in Amazon S3, see file preview, create new buckets and folders, delete existing buckets, folders and files, and upload new files to the selected folder in Amazon S3. Supported in .NET 2.0 and higher.
- User Permission — Specify the subdirectory list in Server Explorer dialog to create, delete, overwrite, upload and view files. You can set different rights and subdirectories for each user based on their permission level.
- File Types — Specify the file extensions in Server Explorer dialog for attachments, Flash, images, links, templates and Media. You will see only the relevant file types when you click the corresponding toolbar button.
- Convert to PDF — Convert your editor content from HTML to PDF format. You can save the new PDF document either as a file on your server, or write it to your database in binary format. Supported in .NET 2.0 and higher.
- Multi-Language — Select one of the built-in 5 languages, i.e. English, Spanish, German, French, Italian. You can use your own language by adding a simple XML file, and setting the language property.
- Localization — Detect the browser language settings (Tools -> Internet Options -> Languages) automatically, or enforce a particular language based on your application requirements.
- Right-to-Left Support — Specify the editor content flow direction as either left-to-right or right-to-left. You can set it to right-to-left to support languages like Arabic and Hebrew.
- Themes — Pick one of the built-in themes, or create your own based on your style preferences. You can customize the look and feel of your editor to blend into your page design.
- Customize Toolbar — Add custom buttons and dropdown boxes to toolbars. You can modify the editor XML files to customize the behavior of your toolbar items per your special needs.
- Clean Word Format — Clean the unnecessary markup while pasting from Microsoft Word®. You can either display a confirmation box for this clean-up, or do it automatically behind the scenes.
- Context Menu — Right-click on anything in the editor textbox, and see the popup menu relevant to that particular item. You can quickly update the style of text or table in the content area.
- Absolute/Relative Paths — Specify path as an absolute path, a relative path, or an anchor path. You can set the file or image path based on your specific needs on your website or application.
- Insert Template — Navigate through the templates provided on the server, upload new ones or select an existing one, and edit. You can select one of your ready-to-use templates and load into the editor for further editing.
- Apply Style — Select a pre-defined style from a dropdown in order to change the style of the selected area easily. You can create a set of custom styles, and the user can pick one of them to apply a series of styles in one shot.
- Multi-Level Undo/Redo — Undo and redo the latest commands to restore a previous state of the editor content. You can use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y instead of toolbar buttons.
- Word/Character Count — Limit the number of words and characters typed, and display the current counts on the status bar. You can set the count limits without displaying them on screen.
- Design/HTML/Preview — Edit in design mode just like Microsoft Word®, edit in HTML mode using the HTML markup language for advanced modifications, or preview content as it will look on your page or print-out.
- HTML/XHTML Converter — Convert the editor content between HTML and XHTML document types with the click of a button. You can edit HTML as well as XHTML documents with the same tool, and convert back and forth.
- Read-Only — Display the editor content in read-only mode. You can use the editor as a simple HTML document viewer tool, and the user can only read the content without being able to update it.
- Page Break/Print — Insert page breaks to split your document into pages. You can print the editor content with one click, and your document will be separated into pages automatically.
- Initialize Toolbar Items — Initially select toolbar buttons, dropdown items and color settings. You can enable or disable button selections, and specify the default dropdown selection.
- Full-Screen Mode — Expand the editor to fill the browser window in order to use the screen more effectively. You can display the editor in full-screen mode while you're working on a long document.
- Style/Format — Extensive styling and formatting features such as paragraph, fonts, size, color, etc. You can format your editor content to create professional looking HTML documents.
- Emoticons/Symbols — Insert emoticons and symbols by selecting from a dialog box. You can customize color palette, symbol and emoticon codes based on your needs.
- Tables — Create and edit HTML tables, rows, columns, and cells in a few mouse clicks. You can build advanced table structures, and format them easily through dialog box settings.
- Hyperlinks — Easily add and remove hyperlinks into your content using browsing techniques. You can open target links either in the current window or in a new browser window.
- Form Elements — Insert HTML form elements like textbox, checkbox, etc. into the editor content with the click of a button. You can create complex HTML forms for future client interactions.
- Flash/Windows Media — Insert Macromedia Flash and Windows Media files into the editor content. You can build HTML documents that contain a lot of multimedia content.
- Sample Applications — Use the provided samples such as email, chat, forums, etc. as your templates, and build your own tools in no time. You can also integrate with other components like UltimateEmail to develop advanced solutions.
- Server-Side API — Extensive class library to manage the editor behavior programmatically. You can build the editor toolbars from scratch, and update its properties with your own code in C# or VB.
- XML/CSS — Editor structure and style based on XML and CSS industry standards.
- Accessibility — Render ALT tag for the toolbar buttons, dropdown lists and tabs for Section 508 compliancy.
- Compliancy — XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant.
- AJAX Support — Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel, Karamasoft UltimateAjax.
- Cross-Browser Support — IE5+, NS7+, Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.0+, Opera9+, Safari 2.0+.
Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/7, IIS 5.0+, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.5/4.0.
.NET 1.1 edition has limited features and support as Microsoft doesn't support that framework anymore. Please test the product in your target framework in order to make sure it fulfills your needs.
|Software ratings and reviews are shown below. If you wish to rate this software please click the 'Rate this software' link.
||Rate this software
Other Products By Karamasoft LLC